Frequently asked questions 2019
If you have forgotten or changed your email address, contact a Research Secretary.
Click on ‘Ändra person- och adressuppgifter’ (change personal and address details). Registered users can update only their own personal details. The changed address is to be complete with the name of the higher education institution, organisation or company, street or box address, postcode and town or city, and (if outside Sweden) county or area and country. After a few days, the new address will appear in the dropdown menu.
Click on ‘Ändra person- och adressuppgifter’ (change personal and address details). Registered users can update only their own titles.
Enter the birth date of a person without a Swedish personal identity number, in the following format: YYYY-MM-DD.
As the main applicant you are responsible for the entire application. This means you have to find out which rules apply to all the joint applicants, whichever higher education institution or organisation they are associated with, abroad as well as in Sweden.
You should not add your CV. Instead, describe your role in the project and any relevant skills and qualifications under ‘Projektbeskrivningen’ (project description). However, it is possible to list the main publications of all project participants under ‘Publikationer’ (publications). A maximum of five titles per project participant.
References are the printed material you may refer to in your project description and these can be added under the ‘Referenser’ section. They should be entered under ‘Referenser', unlike the publications you have written or published yourself.
No, they can be added under the separate tab ‘Referenser’.
All costs, including operating costs, are to be specified and explained.
- Salaries of named researchers: As salary funding for named researchers, RJ normally awards the sum corresponding to the researcher's actual salary level and explained in relation to the research task.
- As for LKP (employer's social-insurance contribution top-up) and similar employer's contribution costs, remuneration is approved in accordance with calculations from the Swedish Agency for Government Employers, SAGE (and the National Government Employee Pensions Board, SPV). On the other hand, RJ does not fund additional locally-determined salary increments.
- Costs for operation, incl. staff who are not named in the application: To cover operating costs, including costs of staff not named in the application, RJ approves only costs that are specified and explained in relation to the research task.
- Internationalisation grants: every grant of up to three years' duration to fund a position corresponding to a maximum of 75% employment is SEK 100 000. For larger projects, the size of the grant is calculated in proportion to the volume of working time for the researchers funded by RJ.
- Grant for OA publication: every grant of up to three years' duration to fund a position corresponding to a maximum of 75% employment is SEK 50 000. For larger projects, the size of the grant is calculated in proportion to the volume of working time for the researchers funded by RJ.
RJ's grants vary according to support form and how much research is conducted. For full-time (100%) employment lasting one year (12 months), a grant of SEK 150,000 is payable (from 1 January 2016). The volume of working time in a three-year project at a 75% employment rate is 225%, so the grant consists of 2.25 x 150,000 = SEK 337,500.
For further information, contact email@example.com
12. Can I apply for support for new Projects if my applications are rejected two years running in the first stage?
No, those project managers or participants who are rejected in the first stage of the application process two years running may not apply for project grants the following year.
Yes, if you obtain your doctorate before the closing date for applications. At the time of application, all research staff are to have completed their doctorates.
No, you may only participate in one (1) Project application, irrespective of whether you are a project leader or a participant. This rule does not limit your option of applying for other types of grants. For example, you can apply for Programme and Project grants at the same time.
Yes. Before applying, all project participants must have submitted final reports on any previous grants awarded by RJ, unless the call states otherwise. You may also apply for a new grant if less than 10 per cent of your working hours are financed by the current grant that has not yet submitted its final report.
No, you should revise your existing application.
The title and summary are to be written in Swedish and English. The project description is to be written in English. Other calls for proposals may have different rules, see the relevant call.
18. To be salaried in the project, do researchers (aged 67 and over) need to be employed for the whole year or is it enough to be employed at the time of the application?
Being employed at the beginning of the project is enough.
Yes, but only in the event of illness or parental leave. However, at the time when the project is approved, RJ automatically allows an extra year for using the funds. Contact your research secretary no later than in the last six months of your period of use if you need to apply for an extension owing to parental leave and/or illness. Any extensions must be applied for by the project leader.
20. Can you have funding in the Projects grant form from both RJ and other source of funding at the same time?
1. The researcher who is simultaneously awarded a new grant to the same or a similar Project from RJ and another source of funding must choose which of the funds will be taken.
2. The researcher who is simultaneously awarded a new grant for Project from RJ and another source of funding must choose which of the funds are to be taken if the total work time in the Project exceeds 100 per cent.
3. The researcher who has funding from RJ for Projects while receiving a new grant from another source of funding is contractually obliged to report this to RJ and must receive RJ’s approval.
If for any reason there is a need to change the grant manager, this must be communicated to RJ for approval. The new grant manager must also be prepared to take over the full responsibility for the grant.